Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday thoughts



Oh, hello, Monday, you old buzzkill. I used to think everyone around me had an easier time coping with life. But growing up is the realization that we are all experiencing the same feelings. 

We all cry, we all pray, we all get furious, we all doubt ourselves, we all screw up, we all want to be the cool kid, we all miss our moms, we all have bad habits, we all accidentally explode food in the microwave, we all have secrets big and small, we all fight the urge to run away, we all crave childhood summers, we all wish for more time, we all want a better life…

Of course these are generalizations, but you get the picture. We’re all human. As Plato is quoted as saying, “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.”

In 2014, I've promised myself to practice thankfulness -- being more mindful of the good coming my way in life. There is so much to be thankful for. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment