Monday, October 28, 2013

Secret banana "ice cream"



Fall is here!!! Kinda...I'm dying to slip on my boots again, and the forecast still shows temps in the 70s. So, with warm California weather still hanging on, I thought I'd share my new favorite frozen dessert recipe. And listen up! It's the easiest recipe in the world. No, really. It has two ingredients and results are the consistency of Wendy's frosty. Ok, now you're listening...

All you need is: 
1) frozen bananas (I always freeze the ones that are slowly turning brown in the corner of our kitchen. IMPORTANT: Make sure you peel the bananas before you freeze them. Trying to peel them after they're frozen is a nightmare.)
2) coco powder (I actually use Ghirardelli hot chocolate powder mix, because I always have some in the pantry) 

Whip them both up in a food processor like crazy until it's the consistency of soft-serve ice cream. Mmmm...

You can also leave out the coco powder if you just like the straight banana flavor. And an optional addition: peanut butter (yes, I'm known for sneaking peanut butter into everythingggg.) The original inspiration for this came from the Best of the City write-up in Sactown Magazine's June/July 2012 issue on Bagaan in Roseville, which makes their "soft serve" with only whipped bananas. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment